This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who are responsible for fire safety or who are designated fire marshals in their workplace. The course will help learners to understand how a fire may start and spread; how to assess and manage these risks in the workplace; and how to use fire fighting equipment.
- Accredited by the Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE).
- Fire marshal certificate – valid for three years
- Roleplay including the use of dummy fire extinguishers to allow learners to practice in the classroom environment.
- We recommend the fire marshal course in addition to your first aid training requirements.
The course content includes:
- combustion principles
- how fire and smoke spread
- fire legislation, including the role of a fire marshal
- fire risk assessment
- emergency plan
- fire action
- use of fire equipment, including fire blanket and fire extinguishers*
- Delegates must be physically able to provide colleagues with first aid, e.g. able to kneel on the floor and administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation, in line with the Health & Safety Executive’s (HSE) Approved Code of Practice.
- Learners must be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course and attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
- Please see parking details below, please be aware that any parking information given is subject to availability and therefore can not be guaranteed on the day of training. We advise that delegates arrive in advance of the course start time to guarantee admission.