This half-day course is suitable for people aged 16+ who wish to follow the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) recommendation that first aiders have annual refresher training to maintain their skills and keep up to date with any changes which may happen between completing a first aid at work course and requalifying three years later.
It is designed for anyone who wishes to refresh their existing first aid at work training. The HSE strongly recommends that all first aiders holding a valid first aid at work or emergency first aid at work certificate complete an annual skills update.
The course recaps how to help someone who is:
- unresponsive and not breathing, including the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- unresponsive and breathing
- bleeding heavily
- in shock
- having a seizure.
This course is not certified. It is designed to keep your existing first aid at work or emergency first aid at work skills and confidence refreshed.
- Delegates must be physically able to provide colleagues with first aid, e.g. able to kneel on the floor and administer cardio pulmonary resuscitation, in line with the Health & Safety Executive’s (HSE) Approved Code of Practice.
- Learners must be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course and attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
- Please see parking details below, please be aware that any parking information given is subject to availability and therefore can not be guaranteed on the day of training. We advise that delegates arrive in advance of the course start time to guarantee admission.